Welcome to the Ballet U Virtual Studio!
We understand that during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some students are unable to participate in our in-person in-studio classes. Others prefer the convenience of not having to drive to the studio.We have set up a virtual studio that allows dancers to keep dancing from home.
During our 2020 fall season we will be offering the following Zoom only classes:
Leap 'N Learn students will receive a bag with dance prop to use during class.
Ages 2.5-4: Leap N Learn 3/4 on Mondays 9:45-10:30 am (12 week session)
Ages 5-6: Leap N Learn 5/6 on Thursdays 4:00-5:00 pm (pay monthly, cancel at any time)
Ages 7-8: (no or little experience) Youth 1 Ballet on Thursdays 4:00-5:00 pm (pay monthly, cancel at any time)
Ages 8+: (1-2 years of formal ballet classes) Youth 2 Ballet on Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 pm (pay monthly, cancel at any time)
Ages 10+: (2 years of ballet experience): PBT/Prepointe on Fridays 4:00-5:00 pm (physio ball required) (pay monthly, cancel at any time)
Adult Ballet 2 Thursday 9:00-10:15 am - (pay per class)
In addition, several of our weekly Adult Ballet classes will be live-streamed from the studio. See Adult Ballet.
How It Works
- Join us for virtual classes by clicking the Zoom link that has been emailed to you
- Be sure to set up your home dance space by following the steps below
- It is recommended that an adult is present or nearby for dancers under the age of 8 to help them focus and let us know of any issues with the video/audio.
Your Home Dance Space
- Clear a space in your house for dancing - approximately 8ft x 8ft if possible
- Download the Zoom app on your computer or mobile device - go to Zoom.us
Be sure to allow Zoom access to your video and microphone so we can see and hear your dancer
- Gather your props and things needed for class - click here for a checklist!
- Make sure your video is on so your teacher can see your dancer.
If you need help with connecting to your live class, please call 608-620-5598 and we will figure it out together.