August 16-20, M-F, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Ages 9+, 2 levels
This end-of-summer program allows aspiring dancers to make meaningful improvements prior to the fall semester. This program offers intensive-style ballet training while also being introduced to other styles of dance. There will be a placement class on the first day to determine dancer level. Dancers begin each day with ballet and end the day exploring electives that may include modern, jazz, character dance, musical theater and more! They will also design and create props or costume pieces for an informal performance on Friday for friends and family. Guest attendance at the performance will either be in person or virtual, depending on COVID health and safety restriction at the time.
This program is open to dancers from any area studio. It is best suited for suited for students who are at least 9 years old and have a minimum of 2 years of ballet experience.
In-studio performance on Friday at 3:30 pm
$300 for all 5 days or $80 for individual days (Mon-Thurs only) $260 for Ballet U students also signed up for 9 week summer classes.
- Daily ballet technique classes
- Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) classes will help to build strength and muscle memory
- Create Props for Friday performance
- Explore different styles of dance - Character, Musical Theater, Jazz
- Practice mindfulness, relax and stretch in Yoga class